The Sportsmen’s Expo is Utah’s largest outdoor celebration for the entire family. This annual event fills the Mountain America Expo Center in Sandy with outdoor, fishing & hunting gear, plus destinations nearby & far away. Free seminars, displays & activities appeal to first-timer & life-timer.
NEW WEEKDAY HOURS are 11am to 8pm. Open at 10am Saturday and Sunday
TICKETS are $14 for adults, but O’Reilly Auto Parts stores have discount coupons. Youth 15 and under and active military with military ID enter for FREE. Veterans can check VETtix.org for passes.
PARKING is free; or, take TRAX to the South Towne Mall stop in Sandy.
• Enter Marine Products’ $10,000+ Duck Boat, Motor and Blind Giveaway
• Come learn to cast fly or conventional gear at the KastKing Combo Pond; on Saturday, watch celebrity casters battle during the Combo Contest
• Do you bugle? Free entry to win $5,000 in cash prizes at Saturday’s RMEF Elk-Calling Contest. Stop by the Great Elk Tour for details and to sign up
• Meet Naked & Afraid’s Matt Wright & Brooke Benham-Wright. See what it takes to survive an extreme situation!
• If you’re new to hunting or the outdoors, don’t miss two new special events on the weekend: The Women’s “Find Your Wild”, and “Family in the Outdoors” talks, at the Adventure Theater
• Try for riches at the new Virginia City Mining Company Gem- Panning stream, near the Youth Fair
• Friday & Saturday evening, stop by the Adventure Theater and enjoy free acoustic concerts by Clint Buffington, and Buffington & Chapman
• Don’t miss the spectacular Utah Taxidermist Association Best-of-the- West Wildlife Display, which fills the entire North Lobby.
• See new gear, talk with the Gear Guru, and enter to win our daily gear giveaway at the Outdoor Product Showcase.
• See the western giants at Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation’s Great Elk Tour. And, please, enter to win great gear at RMEF’s RIFLE RAFFLE.
• The RMEF Adventure Theater offers free seminars all day, every day. Learn how to improve your camping, outdoor, hunting and fly-fishing skills.
• At the Fishing Workshop, hosted by Jared Johnson, you’ll meet Utah’s best guides and anglers. Learn where to go in Utah and nearby…and how to use the gear to increase your success on the water.
• At the Youth Activity Fair your kids can learn to catch-and-release a fish, see live raptors, play games, make things, and win prizes, too.
• See this year’s baby bears at Yellowstone Bear World!
• Take a test drive in the newest rigs at Ram Truck Ride-and-Drive.
MORE INFO: YourLifeOutdoors.com